My September Goals were:
1.) Read and Review 4/5 books......and I am finishing up on my 6th review for the month. Sheesh.
2.) Finish edits for Letters to Lenora (anthology group)...... It's uploaded and going to be seen by a copy editor and then another set of eyes before we move forward as a group.....so I'm done but not "done."
3.) Update site for following interviews.....due to some conflicts, I managed to upload my lone interview on here.
4.) Finish articles for Echoes of the Struggle and Daughters of the Deep......done! My latest one for Echoes of the Struggle is called Token Asian.
5.) Host a farewell get-together for a fellow book club member...done! And she will be so soo missed.
And 6.) to continue to help, donate, sort, organize....for the victims of the Harvey flood. I know once the news find something new to cover, the victims will have been forgotten. But their rebuilding is still beginning and I want to make sure I continue to be of any help to my neighbors and fellow Houstonians. If you haven't had the chance to donate, please do so!
and we that:
1.) Read and Review the following:
- Lalibela's Wise Man by Matshona Dhliwayo - review to be posted on Oct. 5th.
- A Forest, a Flood and an Unlikely Star by J.A. Myhre - Litfuse Publicity tour and review on Oct. 10th.
- my awesome friend, Abigail Wilson, has a book out called The Day Between: a memoir of miracles that will be released on Oct. 10th!!! Can't wait to read it and add it somewhere on this calendar!
- A Small Book about a Big Problem by Edward T. Welch - Litfuse Publicity tour and review on Oct. 23rd.
- Scarlet Virgins by Rebecca Lemke - review to be posted on Oct. 27th.
2.) Post about my book signing experience! I will be at Ichigo-Con event in Pasadena, TX on Oct. 28th from 10 am - 1 pm.
3.) Get to brainstorming for National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) in November!
There's not a whole lot this time - yay! And October also marks the last month I will be accepting new reviews. It's been a pleasure to "meet" all these new writers and reading their works. It has taken a LOT of my time and as I'm not getting paid for this, I will be choosing my books and authors carefully. And I'm also glad I'll be done with reviews for a while....these next three months are usually a whirlwind of activity!! Who knows what I'll decide next year but for now.....this is it.
Leave a Reply.
I drink too much coffee, read too many books, and in between raising miracle babies, I find time to write.
Hi there! Here's a quick bio