If you've been keeping up with the news, you should know by now the devastation that Harvey left in its wake along the Texas Gulf coast region and Houston. Houston - I live 30 miles north of the city.....it takes me roughly 40 minutes to get to downtown. I can't even begin to tell you how petrified I was during the storm. My heart is broken for my city. My heart grieves for the neighbors whose homes I've seen get flooded; friends whose entire world swept away in this storm..... I've driven around our area and have seen with my eyes the helplessness but I've seen hope too. Hope in knowing that we're all alive. Our family is safe. Hope that our neighbors will be there for us. I've seen strangers go up to people's homes, introduce themselves and got to work. I've seen a plethora of good and wonderful things. We truly will rebuild again.
So what did that mean for my August goals? Well, yours truly waited until the last few days to do things and then realizing when the storm was projected to hit here, most of my goals got put on hold....obviously.
1. Successfully make it to Ellie's Kindergarten without crying.
2. Finish beta readings for Anthology group --> my procrastinator side got the best of me. By the time I finally was able to sit and read and go through the beta stage, Harvey was coming.
3. Finish beta reading for friend's 2nd book
4. Read and review 3 books --> I finished Amanda Lovelace's The Princess Saves Herself in this One, Intricate Deception by Jennifer Rayes and The Last Time I'll Write about You by Dawn Lanuza.
5. Set up FB Monday Bible verses for September!
Technically though, it's not as bad. I have a couple of articles I need to finish. I have to find time to reschedule a few online things.....so despite the storm, August was 3/4.
1.) Read and Review 4/5 books.
- Breaking Norms, Broken Rules, the Leftover, the Coronation, poetry: Remember me in Sleepless Nights
2.) Finish edits for Letters to Lenora (anthology group).
3.) Update site for following interviews.
4.) Finish articles for Echoes of the Struggle and Daughters of the Deep.
5.) Host a farewell get-together for a fellow book club member.
And 6.) to continue to help, donate, sort, organize....for the victims of the Harvey flood. I know once the news find something new to cover, the victims will have been forgotten. But their rebuilding is still beginning and I want to make sure I continue to be of any help to my neighbors and fellow Houstonians. If you haven't had the chance to donate, please do so!
So goodbye August, hello September. What are your writing goals?
I drink too much coffee, read too many books, and in between raising miracle babies, I find time to write.
Hi there! Here's a quick bio